Thread: My First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
cats

Originally Posted by grammy6
Originally Posted by shihtzulover
I sure hope that my parents like it. I had so much fun making it and was so excited that it turned out so nice. I just couldn't believe "that I actually made that myself".

I'm not giving up on quilting (though it was tempting). My youngest daughter wants a quilt (and it's in the process of me making it). She was there when I gave it to my parents and she even commented on that fact that they made no comment.

Live and learn.
The quilt is beautiful! I'm sorry your parents weren't kind when you gave it to them. Maybe the problem is some people don't really like quilts. But when Dad needs a throw while watching TV maybe he'll see and appreciate what a nice thing for you to have done. Keep on Quilting!

:thumbup:
Hey, I'm new on here and I just happened to see your message. Last year, for Christmas, I made a 108" red, white, and blue (in prints) table runner and 8 striped placemats to match, for one of my brothers who served in the military in Vietnam. John has never been one for "words" but I was so surprised to get a phone call from him telling me how much he appreciated what I'd done for the family-John is very much a veteran in every sense of the word-he's a "proud" vet. I'm sure you dad also wanted to tell you how much he appreciated your gift-he might just be one of those men who doesn't know "how" to tell you so. Military men just seem to keep a lot inside.......................great job.

patriotic table runner (reversible) with matching placemats.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174036[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-174030.jpe