Thread: Just wondering.
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
CajunQuilter2

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
For those who want to try machine stitching, this is what I did on the last couple of quilts.

Stitch the doubled binding to the back (I cut mine 2 an 1/2" and then double it)
Then on the front I cut very thin strips of vlisofix (the fusible webbing stuff with paper on 1 side used for applique - I bought some in a roll that is used for fusing up hems)and ironed that just inside the seam allowance on the front of the quilt, next to the stitching line where you sewed the binding on.
Then bring the binding to the front, lining the edge up with the stitching line, and press down onto the fusible webbing (remove the paper first :) )
Then I stitch almost on the stitching line using a tiny blanket stitch. You could use whatever stitch you liked.

I've also seen where you can use glue to do the same thing but I find the webbing is fine. It takes a little time to get the binding in place but then it's just straight ahead with the sewing :)
What a neat idea, I will have to try that, am always wanting new ways to do things.