Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
huntannette

I will check Giant Tiger next time I go ...there is one about 100 km away ..ty for you suggestion....
Originally Posted by Shelbie
I buy sheets for backing all the time but I live in Southern Ontario and I have access to Giant Tiger (small town department store) and Lens Mills about an hour away. I can get 200 count or more cotton sheets at either place for less than $10 for a flat King. Sometimes they are seconds but I seldom find anything wrong with them although once I was surprised and got red stripes in the middle of a dark blue sheet that I didn't see until I went to use it. I used it anyway! I always buy the King sized if they have them as then I have extra to make a pillow case or two. I store all finished quilts in matching pillowcases so I know what's in there without shaking out the bag. Watch out for loosely woven (sleezy sheets) at Walmart. They tend to be the $5 specials in the aisle and are no good for quilting. I'm always hunting for sheets as I buy them for my guild's Community Projects. The last time I shopped for sheets and my 21 year old son was with me. His comment after seeing me load my cart with a dozen, "Mom, just how many mis-matched sheets can one family use anyway?"