View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:12 AM
sandyl

I posted a question on one of my forums regarding proper use of the term "Semper Fi". One of the responders (Dave) went into detail as to how he received a quilt. Here is his response to my question:

"I will try to make this as short as possible. I came home from work one day and I find at my front door where the postal carrier left this box for me. I had not ordered a thing, had no clue what it was and it was labeled with return address from the state of Washington I believe it was. I opened it and it was a quilt that was done in red white & blue. It is a beautifully done quilt and was given to me by a club known as "Quilts of Valor" . To say the least I was stunned someone would do this for me. It seems this club is quilting there hearts out trying to get a quilt to every person that got a purple heart in the line of duty. I am very proud to have received this and if there is any of you that are a member I want to thank you so very much.

And yes...........Semper Fi would be great on that quilt Sandy.

Thank you again Quilts of Valor group."

Just had to share this with everyone and especially those who make these quilts.
Sandy