Thread: is this a scam
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 AM
AgapeStitches

The attached zip file has a very bad virus in it....DO NOT OPEN....be sure to marka s spam and delete it....This came from UPS (brown shipping co)

Thank you for forwarding this information to us. The e-mail you received is not a legitimate UPS communication. We are aware that individuals may inappropriately use the UPS name or its services to perpetuate fraudulent activities. We appreciate you alerting us to this latest incident.

If you are ever concerned about the authenticity of an e-mail referencing UPS, do not click on any links provided. Open a new Web browser, type www.ups.com into your browser address field, and either log in to your Internet shipping account from this page - or use the "search" feature located at the top of the page to access the information you need. You may also verify its authenticity by forwarding it to [email protected].

While UPS is not liable for the actions of third parties, we are working to prevent and detect fraud where possible.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, see our Web site at www.ups.com/fraudprotection.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.

UPS Corporate Compliance & Ethics
Fraud Report Management
[email protected]

Originally Posted by Hosta
I have gotten 6 emails saying they were from darn't now my brain is malfunctioning and I can't remember there name its the delivery service Brown trucks saying I have a package coming first of all how would they get my email second I haven't ordered anything I have just been deleting them without opening I do hope its a scam