Thread: quilting batiks
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 AM
quiltease

The update...good and bad. The quilt top looked fine after drying. I was afraid the fabric softener would leave a residue, but no. I put it back on the frame, changed the top thread, the bobbin thread, the needle AND delinted the machine and bobbin case. The thread broke about 2" in. Okay, try again. Another break. So I put the original thread back in and decided to quilt from left to right. I prefer right to left, but, hey whatever works, right? The first square of batik the skipped stitches were back BUT...from then on...PERFECT!! I'll fix those skipped stitches by hand once it's off the frame. The thread has broken only once more but I'm still going to run out and get some Sewers Aid. I think that's right, I'll have to go back and check. While I'm out I'll get some L braces for the frame top, which has now sunk low enough to once again hit the machine. This is after only two lines of quilting!! DO NOT buy an Inspira frame, at least not the early ones. I've got to splurge and update my Gracie.
Hopefully I can post pictures once everything is done, if I haven't gone insane by then. You all are amazing!!! And I thank each and every one for helping. Quilters rule!!!
keep wishing me luck, the fun has just begun...
bev.