View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Baloonatic

Some people seem to have no clue-- or care -- how much work goes into a quilt! And some people apparently think it is their due to receive gifts and just have no appreciation!

When my niece married, she told my sister she wanted a king-sized Double Wedding Ring quilt. When I asked 'why me,' she said because I'm the quilter in the family. I didn't make it. Instead, I created a beautiful silk frame with one of her favorite pics. It took many days searching for just the right -- and expensive -- materials to create it. Had I known it would end up costing $100 I would probably not have started it! I then added a nice check to the package.
Two years later I made 2 hand-quilted quilts for their first-born. When I later gave them a simple raggy denim and flannel quilt they could throw on the lawn for the baby, they flipped over it and I FINALLY got my first thank-you EVER from her!!! Ooooops, I'm wrong -- her HUSBAND sent it, she didn't even bother to sign her name!!

I finished another quilt just in time for their second son's birthday, no thank you yet.

He just turned 2. I think I'm done