View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
sgardner

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I got 15 yards and was going to use it for backing. They were very specific about telling you where where the flaw was. When i got the fabric, I looked carefully at each piece and could not find the flaw. Maybe I should return it? It was a FABULOUS deal, their usual quality fabric! I also ordered the matching quilting thread. I would say go for it.

Looking at the ones they have now- they do detail the flaws. The plaid print is crooked, but if you were cutting it up for applique, you wouldn't notice. The leaf prints say the misprint is along the edge, so if you cut off that inch or two, it would go away, which suggests to me it would be good for a large pieced back where you wouldn't notice where you cut if you matched the pattern up over the whole back anyway. Once it was quilted the seam lines would completely disappear.

If I bought these, I would print out the screen where it says what the problem is, and then keep that sheet with the fabric so if you pull it out of your stash later, you know again what's wrong with it to know if it will work in your current project. They all look like bargains to me, especially since I am new to my LA and need lots of practice material.