Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 AM
fluffynan

but please can you advise me?
Firstly I would like to say thank you to all of those who have made me so welcome when I joined today. It was a wonderful welcome.
Now to my problem - I have a Janome Sewist 525 and only that machine. I use it nearly everyday and have decided that I need another machine as at some point in time it will need - soon probably - a service and our local agent says he will have it for anything up to 3 weeks. I have been reading the posts regarding buying new machines and don't know what to go with. I have been advised to go with Janome again as the feet hopefully should fit between machines. Our local agent has a 6260 qc that he will let me have for £375 - don't know what that is in dollars I'm afraid. I am a bit scared as it is computerised and I have never used a computerised machine before.
Have any of you any advice for me or have you any experience of this machine, or would you recommend a different Janome? Another shop suggests that I don't bother with another Janome and go instead for a Juki, he also says that the feet from the Janome should fit the Juki.
My budget is no higher than £500.
Sorry that this is so long, I am addled with all the research and I don't want to find myself without a working machine.
Thanks for reading this, that is if you have been able to stay awake lol. and I haven't sent you all to sleep.
Sue