Thread: Quilt Label
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Sandyb

I have made two quilt labels by typing what I want it to say in my Microsoft word document. I select the font I want and how big I want the label to be. Then I print it out. I then take 2" clear packing tape and place over the print. Then I take a piece of muslin large enough to fit in an embroidery hoop, some carbon paper (I picked up a box of 25 at a local thrift sale for $1), and place the printout on top of the carbon paper on top of the muslin and traced away. Then I just embroider the label in a complimentary color of the quilt. Then just trim the label down enough to be able to turn under a double 1/4" hem and attach it to the back of the quilt. I also used this method to make a 5th anniversary quilt for my daughter and her husband along with the names and birthdates of the children they had at that time. I also traced the children's hands and embroidered the outline of their hands on the blocks with their names and birthdates. Of course, they received the quilt long after their 5th anniversary because I traced the children's hands right before their anniversary so that it would be close to size as possible but they loved it.