Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Quiltmaniac2010

Originally Posted by huntannette
was looking at cotton sheets in Sears.....since a lot of you use them for backing...thought i`d give it a try.....but know nothing about thread count..my question.....what do you think ....for $27.95 brand new???? But the thread count puzzles me...what is 200 per square inch...want something that will be easy to quilt....
As a fellow Canadian, I hear your pain!! Cottons are SO expensive here! I haven't used sheets for quilt backs, but there are loads of quilters on this board that swear by them! A couple of ladies said that they buy used ones as they have been washed and washed and are nice and soft. I don't know how you feel, but I simply can't pay $22.00 per metre for quilting fabrics. I order from Connecting Threads - check out their website. They deliver to Canada for $7.00 shipping (if you place your order online - I think is is $14 if you place it by phone) and charge 10% taxes so everything is paid for upfront. You don't have to pay any additional taxes or duties. Their cottons are fabulous! Nice and thick and great quality. They have loads of solids and beautiful prints that they offer in "collections". Check out their clearance section - they often have kits on sale as well. Good luck and happy quilting!

Linda