Old 03-24-2011, 11:42 AM
tomilu

Originally Posted by tomilu
Well since I am being such an enabler tonight I thought that anyone living in or around Frederick OK might be interested or know something about this place.

http://www.thayerrags.com/ThayerRagsMachines.htm

They have a number of sewing machines that could be cleaned, polished and put back into production. Or if you need parts it might be a good option. Please let us know if this is not a good resource.

Judy

I received a very nice response from them in regard to the Pfaff 230 spool pin. They are restoring theirs, so also looking for another spool pin. I asked them about their no shipping policy, so we'll see.[/quote]
Here is their answer to my question:
I probably should clarify my shipping policy on my website, but I haven’t figured out any better way to state it. Too many folks think that I don’t ship anything, when in fact, I ship all kinds of parts. I just don’t ship complete machines or cabinets. People tend to think that I have a “no shipping” policy because of that.

Many of my machines are what I call “parts” or “donor” machines, and they’re as hard to get shipped in one piece safely as a pristine collectable machine. Trouble is, folks usually don’t want to pay the expense of proper packaging for a parts machine, so I just don’t ship any of them.