Old 03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I know if I had felt the thrill for it, the time wouldn't have mattered at all. My passion for wanting a LA machine has fizzled out a whole lot and I'm glad it wasn't after I bought one.
Dear Bella, I am sorry you feel this way. At first when I began reading this post I too felt a little discouraged and slowly I began to get more excited. Then, I visited a shop about 45 minutes from my home who rents out their Gammill for $20 an hour. The owner told me that the first lesson is 2 hours for $20 and then $20 an hour after that. She also said they are on hand to help with anything I might need help with until the quilt is finished.

I am now more excited about the advantages of renting. The store A.) owns/pays for the cost of the machine B.) pays for the maintanence and helps you when you need help. ALSO, since my quilt is loaded on their machine I will finish it and not let the project linger since it costing me per hour to rent. I believe, and may find I am wrong later, that it will cost me much less in the long run and help me better decide if I would ever want the expensive on owning my own.

Once I recover from my surgery I plan to take the lap quilt top I have finished for my Dad and take a run at this long arming. I will have to let you know how it goes. :-D :-D