View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

butterflywing wrote:
like everyone else, i have too many ufo's, and just looking at them at one time makes me feel so guilty i run and hide. so.....i put all the pieces and parts for each one into it's own zipper bag(s) as many of you do, then i choose one with my eyes closed, and pin it my bulletin board, right across from my sewing machine. there it hangs, looking me straight in the face until i do something with it. i work on it, then put it right back, work, back,work, back. when it's done, i choose another.

I just love to read how each person deals with their 'quilting madness'. I hop from project to project. Usually what takes me away...(glancing around)...is I get a little 'stuck'..then bored...have to go...um...ruminate on it....meanwhile, I usually get drawn to something else...and yes, the guilt factor is there...block it out with present project...but, life in general, interrupts me a lot!!!
My whole family on dad's side is like that. My gma N. says, just do about five projects purposely,...and rotate so you don't burn out. So now have two machines set up...probably do regular sewing on one, and quilting on other and hop, hop, hop...like a true bunny-trail-er! :wink: