View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM
IT_Nana

Originally Posted by KLO
Originally Posted by IT_Nana
Originally Posted by KLO
What a cutie! And the quilt is great too. Looks like it has lots of texture going on (some chenille, maybe?) which a baby will love to fondle as they mature. I am going to keep that in mind for the next baby quilt I am called on to make.
BTY, I also made some texture accessories to go with the quilt ... pictures are posted at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-98284-1.htm
You have really given me some good ideas. I did make a taggy blanket for my grandson with lots of different ribbons going around all four edges. My daughter suggested it for her first born. Wish I had thought to use chenille and other textural fabrics for that blanket itself. And I love the elephant!!! That could really turn out to be a favorite stuff toy for a child. I can just see him or her rubbing their fingers and hands all over it. Nice work! Even though I think our family is done with grandbabies, I just found out that two women that I like very much are expecting so I think your quilt has inspired me to do something different this time.
Glad I could help. :-) I always enjoy making baby things.