Thread: small scraps
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 PM
clsurz

I save it all and sort it down by group size and put in 30 gallon trash bags to use later on in projects....mixed media.

I about died on Tuesday night when I went to a group meet of ladies where we meet in a friends screen printing place.

One of the gals there was telling us how she throws away left over triangles and such after she completes a project. She was saying another lady had shown her how she stitches those smaller left over triangles, squares, whatever leaving a trail of thread after each stringing them along while she works on the project she currently is sewing and how to snip it and save those for later use.

This gal that was being shown how to accomplish two things at once and use the left over for other projects stated she thought it was a nuiance. I asked her what does she do with it and she said I started throwing it out.

Oh my God your joking right.............I gasped! She said no.

I asked if she would be kind enough to just throw them in a bag and give them to me or anyone else there who would use them. A few ladies gasped at what she was telling us.

My friend the owner of the shop made comment that there is a church group (I forget where) who will take that and even smaller pieces and make quilts, blankets and such to send to needed people and she would take them of her hands as well.

Gal said she would start bringing them and giving it out to those who want it and I hope she does and gives it to the lady who said a church makes quilts for needed.

This gal said she throws a couple garbage bags full of this stuff every couple months. To me that is such a waste of good money and especially when there are so many that are in need.