Thread: Tears of Joy
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM
dpparris

This Quilting Board is Awesome.

I work with children before and after school doing Arts & Crafts, and one day I took a quilt I was working on for them to see and several children asked me if I would show them how to sew so they could make a quilt. I talked my boss into getting us a sewing machine, and I took one of mine from home and they started learning to sew. Well now we have 4 machines and still don’t have enough. The children are making pillows and quilts faster than I can get the batting and material for the back. They are just tie them, but some want to learn to hand quilt, so I guess that is next on the list.
I would like to thank two special ladies on the forum, mommamac for sending me the book Quilting with Kids – I took it to work and the children have gone crazy making all the things in the book, they tell everyone I learned how to make this from the book from Mrs. Mac in Maine.
Then today in the mail I got a fabric donation from crowley7, I can’t wait to get to work tomorrow to show the children all the new material they have to make quilts with. I guess she will be known as Mrs. Crowley from Massachusetts.
I only have a small budget each month to purchase supplies for both the Arts & Crafts and Sewing, so I take a lot of material from home to work. These donations mean a lot to not only me but the children.
I cried over getting the book and now the fabric. They were tears of Joy.
I have learned so much since I have been on this forum, all of you are the most AWESOME Quilters and friends a person (and 130 children) can have.

We are having a mini quilt show April 6, I will take some pictures of the children's quilts and pillows and post them.

Thanks Again!!!