Thread: Inklingo
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Carol Skinner

I joined The Quilter's Message Board yesterday because I just had to tell you that Inklingo is incredible. In my humble opinion it is the best thing to happen to quilting since the invention of the rotary cutter and the self healing mat!

The Inklingo site has lots more information – but here’s my brief description of English Paper Piecing vs Inklingo.

You don’t have to cut paper patterns or use templates, there’s no basting to do, you use a running stitch instead of a whip stitch so the stitches DO NOT show AT ALL on the front of the block!! And… last but not least – it is FAR more accurate.

The cutting and stitching lines are printed on the back of the fabric – which you have ironed onto freezer paper so it will go through the printer. Any printer will do. I prefer to use the 8 1/2″ x 11″ freezer paper you buy in packages at quilt shops – it is a bit heavier and longer lasting and not curved from being on a roll. I can use the same sheets MANY times – just rip the fabric off and iron another piece on.

Check out my blog - I have about 7 Inklingo projects in the works. Inklingo is the best choice for patterns that require templates and special rulers - blocks that have weird measurements, inset seams, curved seams, etc.

My preference is hand piecing but most of the patterns can be machine pieced as well.

The Inklingo site has tons of information and free patterns to download. Linda Franz - the inventor of Inklingo is very helpful - online or on the phone.

Carol
from Panama
http://pananani.wordpress.com