Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 PM
lovestosew

Originally Posted by Lori S
I have two LQS both about the same distance from my house. Niether has a frequent shopping program. And neither ever has a sale of any kind.
One of them the prices are up to 12.75 for most batiks and the Kaufman fabrics.
I do find it a bit of a "stone in my shoe" that after the years of patronage there is never any ... customer appreciation in the form a sale or program.... or even random act of appreciation. I have spent big $$$. So as much as I would like to support my LQS ... I have taken to the internet for a significant amount of purchases.
I am sure one of these days the owner(s) will see me in the store and comment "gee , its been awhile" . At which point I will tell them .. after all the years of purchases .... why do I still just feel like only a wallet when I walk -in.
This sounds like the one that is close to me. Never ANY sales, and never willing to help. They do have a punch card but you need to spend about $275 to get $15 back. I've gone in there looking for a specific fabric, and get "you can look around, not sure if we still have any" Haven't been there in over a year, and will probably never go back. I drive about 40 minutes to get to another LQS, but they are the total opposite of the one close to me.