View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 PM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I don't care for these or the stack & whack...waste of time and fabric as far as I am concerned...never did see a finished one I cared for either...and the makers all complained about the left over waste of fabric...just not sure what the fascination is for these things...
I know how easy it is to be misunderstood. So I hope no one will be offended by what I have to say here. I noticed that several people seemed to react very strongly to the comment quoted above. When I read it (and I do not think I am better than anyone else!) I just viewed it as a personal opinion. I was quite surprised to see the responses it got. Responses that did strike me as rather harsh. I joined this board last year and think it is a great place. I have never noticed the person quoted above (and I do not know her or have had any contact with her on any occasion) to be unkind. Perhaps her wording could have been a little different, but then again I guess this could be a lesson worth learning. I think it may apply to me.
So . . . Happy quilting and blessings to all.

PS I have a friend who did a OBW and laid it out on a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth. It took her forever, but turned out fantastic. At the same time I bought fabric and books to do one and chickened out! Maybe someday, but not then and not yet!