Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by annesthreads
? Many, many people are not working for more possessions or because they're materialistic, but to keep a roof over their head and food on the table. The feeling of being trapped and no end in sight can feel very, very hard - I often had to pull myself up from envy of those who didn't do paid work, for whatever reason. The truth is, I think, that the grass is often greener - we're not seeing the whole picture when we look at other people's lives and think how good they look, and have no insight into all the problems that they may be struggling with.
This is true. I would not look at another person telling me that they don't have time as a slap in my face.

Learning to say "no" is one of the best skills a person can learn in life. I actually might be jealous that they have learned to say "no" when asked to do something that they either don't want to do or are unwilling to do for various reasons (most of which we aren't privy to).

They might be jealous that they don't have the time, or they may struggle with it and wish that they could stay home and sew.

But the truth is, not everyone can juggle all the balls all the time. Some fall by the wayside at times. Not everyone feels compelled to give to charity or to make quilts for unknown persons. Some would rather focus a bit closer to home. And face it, not all can even handle the mess of sewing, much less trying to juggle time restraints. Some can probably only sew if they have huge time slots.