View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
owlvamp

Originally Posted by cctx.
Originally Posted by owlvamp
Do you have a pattern for free motion . like do you mark it with a marker and just follow it with the machine? You did an awesome job. Yea keep wishful thinking and you just might get the camera! :) leave lots of hints.
It depends on how I will plan the finished quilt.
If it's free motion, I do the usual "squiggles" technique, but if I pick out a large print for my backside quilt, I fool around emphasizing the print backing....(for example a large flowery print and just playing around with that dimension) for a dramatic look.
I like to experiment (quite a bit too.....LOL) and for hand quilting (which used to be a "passion" at one time, but it's quicker with the machine) I used to mark my quilts with that hard little plastic thing that sells at Joann's (forgot what it's called) and that leaves no residue ink or unsightly markings.

This helps a lot. I just love the quilts everyone does. And always wondered how they did it. I have learned so much on here just watching everyone post and showing there quilts. Plus by asking a few questions. Thank you