View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Originally Posted by sandpat
Ducks...no worries. I know that when the thing starts, I will fall behind. I'm really just working on it at night while watching tv. I figure that in several years doing that...I'll finally finish it up. LOL!

Lesley...do you have any great tips about getting perfectly round little circles like for the flowers on block# 16? I've cut some little templates from cardboard and then basted around the cardboard, drew the fabric tight...but they still aren't perfectly round...GRRRR!
Well you are doing what I do. Do you then iron it. That keeps the circle looking good. Sorry to butt in Lesley.
No problems, I have been tucked up in bed. Yes, iron them, but allow them to cool before you take the card out (that sort of 'sets' them) then draw up the gathering thread a little bit to reshape them. You don't have to stitch it to hold everything in place, I don't even cut the thread off, I use it to stitch the circle down in place. Also, keep watching the circle you orginally drew on your background to help you get it circular in case it decides it wants to be oval.