Thread: Inklingo
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Cottage Dee

Hi all,
I have been using Inklingo since nearly the beginning when Linda Franz offered it. I have made several projects, but the one that I am most proud of is on the Inklingo Blog site. It is the Insanity quilt, (scroll down the page). It has precisely 10,339 hexies that finish 1/2" on each side. Now, in all honesty I tell you this....if it had not been for Inklingo this would never have even been a thought of doing. I saw the pattern in Australian Patchwork Quilting magazine some time ago. If you like to things that are precise, then this program is for you. Linda has many freebies on her site, you can download them, print them on the fabric of choice using an ordinary, cheap printer, then rotary cut them out. I was able to cut out my strips, then store them in a box with all of my Insanity supplies (sounds wierd, doesn't it, Insanity?} I would trim the parts as I need them. So much easier than cutting around each hex...which I did many, many years ago. Guess what is still unfinished???? Poor little grandbaby is now 10 years old. Give it a try, and you'll never look back!
Deanna in SE Michigan