Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962
I can't find a part number on it but here is what mine looks like. I had to unscrew it and rewire it when I got it; the old one was a bit frazzled for my liking.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Is there any way you can post a picture of the plug part on the machine? I have a 15 clone that is odd like that, 3 plug-in blade slots in sort of an arc. Let us see what it looks like and maybe someone will have a helper piece. I agree about the 15 bobbin case. If you have access to another 15 you can test it out and see if a regular one will work. Good luck.

Melinda

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I went back to look at the Japanese cloned 15 (the badged Sears Kenmore)today, money in hand, ready to buy. I had made my decision to get it, but sadly found it did NOT have it's cord or it's bobbin case. The person I talked to said it was her sister's, and she took my phone # so her sister could call me. I am hoping and praying she can find that cord and the bobbin case at her house, as both are very specific to this machine and it's dead in the water without them. WHAT A BUMMER...
I don't have the machine so I can't take a picture, but your description sounds exactly like it. The plug is on top of the motor, too, not on the right side like most all Singers.
I guess it's different... the machine I'm looking at has the 3 prongs pointing straight UP on the motor. Looks like yours has prongs pointing to the back. The same cord may work, but also may not... PM'd you.