Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 AM
ssgramma

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by ssgramma
Help Please!

My 201-2 was sewing nicely until I just broke the needle. Now the handwheel is not working. Inner (is that the boss?) spins freely and makes the needle go up and down, outer portion moves the needle only a portion of the way. That is all by hand. Foot pedal just makes the wheel spin but needle is not going.

Does it not like either of the 2 new needles I just tried or is it something entirely different?

I haven't a clue and gave up to come here.
You may have part of the needle stuck in the bobbin case.
The needle flat goes to the left and threads from right to left.
When you broke the needle did you find ALL of it? I bought a 301 from Craigslist, really cheap. When I was cleaning the lint out of the bobbin area I found the teeniest, tiniest piece of a needle tip in among the lint. I wondered if that is why it was selling so cheap--maybe the seller couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I hope you find your solution, soon, so you can get back to sewing.
Thanks - I'm fixing to go in. LOL

She was pretty oily so I haven't done that yet. I just cranked her up and starting sewing :mrgreen:

So I am headed to become more "intimate" with my new friend Miss MAM. Hopefully I cure her current ill with a good going over.

BTW The seller of this machine sent me an "Adjusters Manual for Machine 15-91" also applying to 15-88, 1589 and 15-90.
I thought it was just a printed out copy of the manual to save wear on the fragile original.