View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 07:23 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by debcavan
I wanted to do quilts like I did with glass with the fine lines and sharp curves, Tiffany style. But the generally accepted way to do a quilted stained glass was with bias tape, too wide but would make the effect of the thick came. I wanted the look of the lines that were soldered. I had stitched over yarn to make a fancy braid for a Bishop's costume in the theater so I tried that first. I was lucky, it worked. I put my yarn through straws across the back of my machine, and down the front and then down to the foot. With a small zigzag, I stitched over the yard not even having to touch it.

This quilt top was finished ready to quilt but I had to go to the nursing home, I needed to get my son out for an activity. So I packed the machine and the quilt top. I sat quilting talking to eight ladies at the nursing home. One was the lady from across the street when I was a child. The first machine I ever sewed on was a treddle at her house. Come to find out she didn't sew. It was Grandma Mary's. We past the day talking and me quilting when suddenly I found I had a bubble from not watching what I was doing. But I got it out as well as I could. We talked about quilts and clothing they had made, giggled and laughed. The quilt has wonderful memories of that day so I put it as the photo when my name pops up.

Very pretty. Very pretty. And great story of catching up with neighbors