Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
litacats

I was fortunate that my mother was happy to live with us for 6 years even tho she was badly dissabled. we had home care come in to shower her 5 days a week and I put her to bed every night. I am now 65 and not in the best of health (haven't been for many years) but once we lost the house on new years day she has been living in a hospital type nursing home not ideal but even when we get the new house I dought if we could have her back. she is nearly 95 with MS and only 1 leg and tho I would love to keep looking after her I have had to make the hard choice of putting her into a nursing home when 1 becomes availlable.
I treasure every day I had with mum at home the good days and the bad days, so if you are able to look after your parents even if it is only for a short time DO it you wont regret it. the hardest thing for them is letting go of their independence. But if they are starting to have difficulties looking after themselves you may have to take on the responsibility of what to do and where they should go.
I hope you find a happy solution for you all.
HUGS to you