View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Wunder-Mar

I have purchased (bed) quilts from a quilt store for the guest rooms in my home, for $50 or less when on super-discount or as part of a special purpose. Here's why:

- My several K and pre-K grandkids visit and jump on the beds (qults on), they build forts, spill things, leave them on the floor, and just plain act like kids. Kids forget in moments of enthusiasm and creativity. They can't conceive of the work that goes into making a quilt at that age, let alone how crushed we feel when a lovingly made quilt or craft is damaged or ruined in one of "those moments." They'll pick that up as they edge closer to primary school age.
- I use them for small picnics for a home-y feel to the event, so I won't be worrying too much about stains.
- I use these in the bedrooms of guests whose upbringing I had no say in (despite being family) and who don't treat things with as much respect or care as I would like.

So, when the grandkids or guests are gone, the "good quilts" go back on the bed and the doors to the rooms left open for me to enjoy the way they look, rotate them, change for the holidays and love them.