View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
quiltergrrl

Bought a pre-cut quilt kit at a local quilt shop about a year ago at the urging of the woman who runs the shop. This was going to be my second quilt.

When I originally went to their shop, I knew nothing about sewing and went to their Saturday quilting with the promise they would be happy to teach me to quilt. I did buy my fabric from them.

I had to stop going after my first quilt because of a death in the family and I was downsized from my job.

Finally had time to piece it, only to find out that when the single blocks are pieced into blocks of four, they're just enough off to cause major problems (about 1/4 inch off between all four) and I don't know that I can go back and square these up enough to make them work. It's so beyond my limited skills.

*Sigh*

This is the same shop that made fun of the colors I chose for my first quilt, then offered no help when I said I wanted to machine quilt it instead of using their long arm (which of course cost me additional money - and my quilting looked like heck. I really wanted my first quilt to be nice.)

I guess I'm just a slow learner but I will never, ever darken the doors of this LQS again. I'll be driving over to Kaufman instead.

Being a newbie and somewhat insecure, I made the mistake of trusting them.