View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
grugirl

Originally Posted by cedarvalleyquilts
While I know what I'd like to see in my quilt store, I thought I'd ask everyone here. What do you like to see in a quilt store? I've been reading the posts about the "dream store" and have decided I will have a clearance section and do discounts, will do some type of customer appreciation discount (whether punch card or whatnot). There will be antique sewing machine service/repair offered. There will be a Fun Quilter for rent in the store so customers can finish their projects if they so desire. There will be classes offered. And, of course, high quality fabric and notions.

I want to have as wide a variety of fabrics/notions/threads as possible to appeal to as many tastes as possible. I know what my preferences are, but what are yours? Particular designers you love/hate? Certain notions that you wish your LQS would stock but doesn't? Fabric lines/threads/notions that are a "must have?" What types of patterns/books/magazines do you like to look for in a shop?

Everyone has different tastes and preferences, but what have you wished that your local shop carried but doesn't? I want to make my shop as customer-driven as possible, both in customer service and the inventory I have.

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated...thanks in advance for the input!

Chris
Moving fabric along all the time. Have a sale rack for sure. I have a good habit of heading directly to the sale rack when I arrive in a LQS.
Makes all the difference that they are willing to keep stock moving. I hate that I went to 2 shops recently and they don't them? huh?
Stale stock too. Quilter's want lots of choices and new fabrics. If you go to the LQS and it is not be rotated and moved, we get bored and go elsewhere.