Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by janRN
I just realized we're 66% done!! Wow!!

QNS I like the idea of posting a "preview". I loved the ones shown so far. Just wish I could decide on my sashing color so I could get started

Question: (I know, another one, hate to be a pest) do the blocks have to be set sideways or on a diagonal? (I'm sure there's a proper name for the setting but I can't think of it). I've never set blocks this way and I'm nervous about getting cornerstones, sashing, and blocks to all line up. I have enough trouble when I set them in straight across rows. Thanks again for your help--you've all been so gracious about answering my many questions I'm going to have to buy you all dinner.
I have not done diagonal settings, or cornerstones, so this is a real first for me!

I have had trouble with my diagonal settings. I had 4 of my basket type blocks end up facing the wrong direction. I thought I had them correct, but when I finished the row, they were not! I am in the process of taking those apart and fixing them! Ugh!!! Some of the other blocks are not facing correctly according to the book, but they are not obvious to the casual looker, so I'm leaving them. No one will know but you and me!

Just be real careful when joining those blocks together!