View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
grugirl

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Novelty and landscape fabrics...I do allot of scenes and it's hard to find those types of fabric...do allot of searching.
The QS I occasionally teach at offers space to teachers takes no portion, teachers are free to charge whatever only have to ck dates with owners calandar to make sure space is available. This brings in business because most will purchase materials for the classes there.
They have two teas each yr for all their customers and bring in vendors, teachers to show what classes they are offering, anyone to do with sewing/quilting set up tables.
They have a magazine, book area with chairs so you can find a pattern...They also trust you to take it home and brin git back when done.
They send a monthly newsltr announcing the classes.
They have gatherings for people on the wkends or at night so you can bring your UFO to finish and get help on if needed.
They do allot of charity quilts...we all donate quilts to Project Linus, or this past winter made sqs and then put them together for the troops one wkend.
I could go on...but I think your head is probably spinning at this pt.Good luck
I have to agree with the landscape fabrics especially, brick tones and stones are hard to find for my houses. I am always on the lookout wherever I go. I still don't have many and have been searching for over 5 years.