View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
grugirl

Originally Posted by SandraG
My favorite LQS has a variety of sales such as: Fat Quarter Friday (once a month) ($1.50); end of the bolt 25% off (one Sat a month); a buyer's card ($20 off after $250 in purchases); birthday sale (1/2 your age for the week before and after your birthday; Wonderful Wednesday (once a month where something is spontaneously put on sale, etc. They have a variety of samples hanging on the wall; a Christmas fabric area; a baby fabric area; a civil war area; new fabric area; batik area, etc. The best thing is you feel like you are home. They welcome you with a big smile, answer any questions, let you know about anything new or on sale. And, they call me by name (of course I have been going there for years).
The friendliness of course plays a huge part. I have oft found that many women that work in quilt shops are not always that friendly. In fact, many times I feel as if I put them off by asking questions. They seem disturbed or bothered many times. There are a few shops I love but the friendliness of the owner and staff has much to be desired.