Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose
Does anyone know anything about the Leader machine made by A G Mason Co? The seller thinks its a 1930s Singer. A G Mason was only in business from 1870 to 1899 and this is definitely theirs. I posted pictures on page 857.

It's a pretty day for a roadtrip, but I'd like some input before I decide. It's $85. The cabinet is not as good as this picture in larger pics, but it's not bad.
Irishrose, I have been meaning to get back to you, but I forgot. Anyway, A G Mason Co, was a distributor of machines, but I don't think they actually made machines. At least not post 1900. Starting in 1906 Albert G Mason Manufacturing Co distributed machines that were made by the White Manufacturing Company. White's Mason line were made in Cleveland at the White Factory there. The "New Leader" is described as basically a White VS III machine made between 1906 and 1917 or later? I don't think A G Mason made any machines from 1900 on, I am not even sure they actually made machines pre 1900, but that White made them for Mason? I am not sure about that? Anyway, go to this link to find out about the history of the Mason's, which were actually made by White post 1900 up until (I think) the 1920's or so.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...62576881ofEZse

Please post a picture if you get the machine!
Nancy