Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
melinda1962

Great find on the Redeye. Great decals. The Bubbas are holding their own too.

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I'm SEW stoked. I spent the night assembling my 31-15 treadle, in anticipation of using the larger workspace for fm quilting my now basted bargello, and the larger queen-size quilt for DD. I was missing a bracket, so I 'improvised' with two spring-loaded curtain rods that hold up the two extended leafs. I can't believe the extra workspace I got, and I'm anxious to give it a spin. I did a tryout of fm, and that's the last picture of the set: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03630418ObsSzP It's not perfect, but it is functional AND original. I named my machine Bubba. :)
That set up looks great!!! What did your husband do with the original top? The reason that I ask is because I just bought a handcrank model 66 that was sitting in a little box that was made out of the original treadle top. It's hard to explain so I'm going to go take a picture. I thought it was an excellent way to make a box for the handcrank machines.

Here are the pics showing how the box was made. The box is sitting on top of my parlor cabinet and is separate from it (just in case the pics make it look like it's part of the larger cabinet).
I bought this machine from Craigslist yesterday....$60.00!!!!! It is in excellent shape!