View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:15 AM
deema

Originally Posted by quiltease
Ordered batiks twice from them and find although the feel is thinner than what I usually buy, the texture is silky. I've never really felt silky batik, it's usually pretty stiff. It worked up well in my projects so no complaints there. It is a bit different in color from what they show, so if you're trying to match some other fabric it may not, even if it's another fabric from them. Was shipped in record time. I'd order again!
bev.
I agree completely. They are a bit thinner than some of the brand name batiks...but they are really soft. I've used them in a quilt along side regular cotton fabrics. In one instance, I used a CT batik right beside a Northcott fabric both running the length and width of the quilt for the borders. You cannot tell by feel that they are any different at all, of course, you'd know its a batik because you can see it...but the feel is soooooo soft.

I recently ordered a bunch of their batiks and she is right - the colours on the website photos are off. I found the real thing to be much more vibrant. Luscious, even. Very pretty.