Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose
Bojangles, the seller now insists the machine is a 1926 or 8 and her MIL was its only owner. (How old was the MIL??). Maybe she'll have something tomorrow that will help me date it. Not that it really matters. What matters is if it looks decent and sews well. IN the picture, it looks like it says Leader, nor New Leader, but she does have the manual.
I hope your Grandson does well at his basketball game!

I have a New Home T No 3 machine that was made in 1926 - if the girl answering the phone at the New Home office knew what she was talking about? My machine has the top tensions, which, I thought were abandoned long before 1926, but I guess they were still being produced on some manufacturer's models. My machine is pictured on page 665. It is a really cute machine, but takes a special needle which is very hard to find.

If your machine is in fact a Mason made by White, which it must be because White manufactured the Mason's early in the 1900's, the lady is probably right about the date. But, there is always a chance that you are getting a pre 1900 machine too, if the owner is wrong. You can go to the site I listed earlier and probably date this machine, if it is a Mason made by White. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Nancy