View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:52 AM
clsurz

Shoot the quilt police around here make fun of my colors all the time and like I care..............NOT! I simply say different strokes for different folk and I keep doing what I want.

I had a quilt member tell me recently that I'm not qualified to teach them how to use the Accuquilt Go because she could not understand how the machine works. She claims to have been a teacher and only those educated in teaching are qualified to teach. Yet I'm the only one in this guild that is very knowledgeable regarding die-cutting machines.

I had to chuckle when some of us met this week to sew. She was there and announced that on my advice she purchased the AccuQuilt and when it comes in she wants me to teach her and others how to use it.

My point being that as a new quilter myself and as new quilters we all have talents that others don't have even in a quilt guild so many of us do not get discouraged. We just keep plucking away until we click with someone in the group that can teach us what we need to learn regarding quilting.

I have experienced things that have been a waste of time and money but I take it as a lesson I needed to learn and I'm sure the OP will find someone in her area to help her out even if it isn't this LQS.