Old 03-26-2011, 05:23 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by granma1
What is a hippie wedding? Is everyone going to light up or what? I bet a Hippie wedding would be fun. I had a Hippie reception. It was a blast.
I had a hippe wedding....ours was this: we both wore gauze shirts from India, his had embroidery on it, mine was plain off white. We wore old faded blue jeans, complete with ragged leg bottoms, we were barefoot, I wore flowers in my hair--daisies, baby's breath, and a few red rose buds--we were married at night, in front of the Christmas tree (Dec 23rd) in my mothers living room, in the middle of the worst blizzard Iowa had seen in yrs....with Larry Norman and Styx music playing......and bell shaped ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins following........

Not a single picture survived the camera catastrophe that occurred....so we only have our memories.

32 yrs later, my hubby and I still have long, long hair (his is longer than mine right now!!), and love each other more today than we ever thought possible back then.....

So, with the divorce rate at over 50%....sometimes it is the most unlikely couples (man were we ever), with the most unlikely weddings, that last...

And while my post won't help you with your quilt (which I hope goes well), I do send along my best wishes for your nephew and his new bride.....

But what a wedding to remember :thumbup: ;)