Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

when I was growing up I spent a lot of time on my grandparents farms. Both sides had a farm. I loved it and miss it. My in laws also had an 80 acre farm and my kids grew up there also. They spent every summer there and we were there on weekends alot. Now the farm is gone and my grands have never had that experience. I so miss it.

I grew up around cows they don't scare me. I spent a lot of tiem petting them and talking to cows. Silly I know. My cousin and I played in the corn (shelled corn)bin like it was sand and we played in the chicken house which was bigger than most people's living room. The floor was half sand and half straw. We made roads for the dumptrucks and end loaders etc that we had. They were metal back then. Probably Tonka if I remember right. Jim and I spent many many hours in the timber. There was a small crick we would wade in barefoot.

So many good memories of my childhood.

So I wondered after seeing some conversations on here about cows etc how many of our members live on a farm or have lived on a farm. Would love to hear your memories or your day to day now.

One of my strongest memories is of my grandpa who had to listen to the farm report every noon on the radio. Also of taking meals to the guys in the field when they were spending long hours into the night to get the corn or soybeans in on time before the rains got them.