View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 06:16 AM
nanac

Somebody posted a notice a little while back about the Clover desk threader. I went and got one, and I absolutley LOVE it. These old eyes sometimes have to squint to try to find that tiny little hole, snd it has been taking longer and longer just to get my needle threaded. With this little baby, it's done in about 1 second! Now I have several needles threaded, so I don't have to stop each time.
Another suggestion is to have various types of thimbles. This may sound obvious, but I have a slight deformity of my rt middle finger (no, it is not in a permanent UP position) that makes normal thimbles almost impossible to wear. In addition, I have large hands for a female, so that is another strike, and I usually just sew until my finger is too sore to continue. At a LQS, I found s thimble (also by Clover) with a regular thimble tip, but the part that goes over my finger is a soft, flexible "petal" shape that stays on comfortably for hours. They are color coded for size. A little more expensive than the usual metal thimble, but both these products are indispensible for my quilting.
nanac