View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 06:41 AM
grandjan

The tile came from Home Depot. They are 16 inch tiles and I picked three colors that would work with the background flooring for the "quilt blocks". I tried to keep the blocks fairly simple but he did do a "Hayes Corner" for me and a couple of others that must have been challenging to cut in tile.

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Originally Posted by grandjan
I started posting on this forum a few weeks ago because I had time on my hands while my sewing room was getting a new floor and paint job. My talented and generous grandson gave his entire spring break to doing some fancy tile work for me and painting the walls. Last night, I finally got the last gee-gaw moved back into the room. It will absolutely never look this tidy again so I had to share some pictures with you.
OMG - A quilters DREAM!!! You are one lucky lady to have this big a room for your quilting (& a nice grandson to help you get it this beautiful. It is FABULOUS. I'll bet nearly every quilter on this board will be envious.

Love the tile, where did you purchase it - does it have a name? - I'm shopping now for tile to re-do a room

Have a blessed week end :thumbup: