Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Daisy144

(I thought Hippie Days were long gone. Anxious to see your quilt!!!
Good luck, Kutnso)
Knutso - Hippies are still around and doing well - around here they are living in the form of White Water Boat Guides - my daughter lived the life for about 3 summers. Really nice kids but oh the memories it brought back, :)

As for your nephew's wedding I agree with whoever suggested a back to nature theme - very popular back in the day and bargello does seem like the ideal for a quilt - very suggestive of the 60's (btw, if you past the early 70's you've passed the hippie era).

I had the most beautiful hippie wedding wearing a white dotted cotton "granny" dress (required for any hippie wedding) and a crown of dasies in my hair. We were married in the yard beside the church building, had wonderful john denver songs sung by some friends, and our own vows. Still one of the prettiest weddings I can think of. We had known each other for 4 months and people were wondering how long this silly thing would last and I'm happy to say that come June this "thing" will celebrate 39 years and he is still my hero and love.

Best of luck to your nephew and his "lady" - may they celebrate many, many happy years together.