Thread: Tears of Joy
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 AM
dpparris

I told the children that alot of people are going to send them goodie boxes. They asked me alot of questions like:

Mrs. Debbie these people don't even know us. I told them all about the board and how you fine folks help others and that you guys were proud I was teaching them to quilt.

Mrs. Debbie are you telling us that people in a bunch of states are sending us stuff. I told them yes and I think it would be fun to have a blank map of the US and then every time they get a box that they could color in the state. They thought this was a neat idea, but wanted to know what happens if more that one box comes from a state. I asked them what they thought we could do and they said we could also have a sheet with names and states and make tickle (tick) marks.

You have help me teach these children how nice it is to think of others and want to help.

I don't always tell them the answers to the problem, but ask what do you think we need to do to fix it, they can figure out alot of the problem just by taking a step back and thinking.

They have started making Thank You cards for everyone. I have been teaching them to use thank you, your welcome, please and just to be polite. They want to thank each of you and I told them that this is what I have been trying to teach them about being polite to others and how sometime good things happen when you don't expect them to.

I want to thank each one of you for helping me with the wonderful work I do with these children. I was never able to have children of my own, but each one of these children are "MY KIDS". I Love my job and now it will be alot easier because of the caring folks on this board. GOD BLESS EACH ONE OF YOU!