Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
Originally Posted by grugirl
Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
Where do you find fabric at $6.99 a yard. Have you been to the fabric store in Eatonville? They have some nice fabrics there. They are about $8.99 a yard.
There is a place downtown Tacoma called Trains Fabrics. It is in a seedy area of Tacoma but I love the shop. There are tons of choices and in the back room the gal has fat 1/8ths for 50 cents and other chunks for a buck. I have bought a lot of my charm fabrics in there. she also has some good vintage fabrics in the back. She has a massive collection of flannels too. Check it out. The gal isn't that friendly but she has a lot of choices. She also rents her longarms for $25 a day INCLUDING thread.
Thanks for the info. Im on my way tomorrow.
I love the Train Station fabric shop. Haven't been there in a while but there is alot of fabric in just a hole in the wall shop. Maybe it has expanded since I was there last. Her longarm rental sounds pretty reasonable. From kitsapquilter in Port Orchard WA.
Yes, the gal is not the friendliest person but I make it a point to make her smile when I am in there. I do because I buy lots of fabric. She still adds her totals with a calculator. Bizzarro I know. But.. she has a great stash. Try the back wall for excellent deals. She does a massive sale every July .. .I think it is 50% off for one weekend only and doesn't mess with sales the rest of the year. I suppose YOU KNOW WHERE I WILL BE in JULY?
I wasn't able to go today but since you said there is a sale in July, I just may wait until then. Or just go and check it out tomorrow. Any other quilt stores you two know about? There is an Evergreen Quilt stor on 56th and M street. It is a pretty nice little shop but I think their fabric is a little high.
Yes, I have been to Everygreen. A little high, but better than many I have seen. Do you know about Gee Gees in Yelm or about Wildrose quilt shop in Orting? Both are good shops for different reasons. HUGE selection at GEe Gee's... prices are still high at both but they carry very different things too. Wildrose really caters to the traditional quilter most, lots of civil war era reproductions and other repros of all sorts. Not a lot of brights, which are my preference. Another one.. a good drive but worth it though is Sisters Quilt Shop in Chehalis. I am heading there Friday with my buddy from Alaska. 10,000 bolts of fabric. OMG...
I haven't been to Gee Gee's yet, but I have been to Sisters and Wild Rose. I love Wild Rose, a girl that used to work there quilted my last quilt and charged me $182.00. That was including the batting, for a full size quilt. She did a wonderful job but I won't be going to her again. :)
HOLY MOLY.. that is ridiculously overpriced.