Thread: Scented Sachets
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:58 AM
purrfectquilts

I am in the middle of Spring cleaning so when I saw a tutorial for a Scented Scahet on www.flythroughourwindow.com, and I knew I had plenty of 5" squares on hand, I just had to try some.

These pictures are the first two I made followng her instructions. They do not use much fabric and are easy to do. I made an applesauce snack cake which takes 20 minutes to bake. While it was baking I made these first two...so very easy.

However, I would modify her directions for me personally in the future. Being in a hurry, I used velcro to fasten, rather than a button and buttonhole. You could also use a snap, a tie or whatever you wanted.

And, I would make the hanging loop a lot longer in some cases. These fit over the cupboard knobs just fine, but if you wanted to hang over a door knob you would need a longer loop.

You do not need much of the scented baking soda for the sachet. A little goes a long way. I put too much in the first one. Repeat....do not put too much in. Very important.

And I made french seams on the second one which took care of raveling threads very nicely.

These would be great for a vehicle, boat, our pool house, bottoms of waste baskets (as long as you use liners) or hung around your home. I would NOT put these in a baby's room. I think the smell would be overwhelming for them, or maybe any bedroom.

You could also fill them with lavender buds, rose petals and other such potpourri.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175199.jpe   attachment-175200.jpe