Old 03-26-2011, 09:01 AM
QuiltnCowgirl

I grew up a city girl but always knew I should have been a country girl. Was in 4-H - did sewing, clothing, home interiors, cooking etc, but was jealous of my 4-H friends from the country clubs with their animals. Loved when my parents took us to visit family or friends who lived in the country. Remember the fun of playing in barns, getting itchy playing in haystacks, helping with cows, pigs, baby turkeys.

Fast forward just a few years (lol) and while I still live in town, I work on a farm, doing the bookkeeping for a really neat 4th generation family run farm where they grow almonds, oranges, wheat, rice. I also help out at my friend's Thoroughbred horse farm, which happens to be 1/2 mile from where I work & is where I keep my own horse (avatar pic). I love nothing more than helping with feeding, doctoring, foaling & anything else I can get my hands on. I have never been too prissy to get my hands dirty, sometimes surprising my employer & my friend.

I think this season of my life is the one I was meant to live all along. I am finally home.