View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Skeat

Diana...I live on the edge when I baste the quilts! Here it goes...the truth will come out now!:0) I use packing tape when I baste...yes, it is true! All the tabo of tape is going to hit the board!LOL I tape the backing down on the floor all the way around in short, packing tape pieces about 3" or so..whatever rips off at the moment of my royal taping. I pull taunt the backing...once down, I then tape the batting...then the top...once all taped and taunt on the floor (this is excercise and I do about 3...one after another)Then I pin. I pin about a hand width apart. The only time I have had any issues is when I taped down my 4th quilt and was short on pins so I improvised and went further apart w/my pinning. Bad idea on that! Otherwise, it has been a good show for the quilting. I have a friend that adds clamps on her edges and lets it hang on a table, then bastes. I haven't tried that as this works so far for me:)Maybe when I can't get up anymore I'll go to the table:)Skeat.......just remember to tape only the edges and when all is basted...remove tape before quilting!