Old 03-26-2011, 02:49 PM
irishrose

Kitsone, that will be a gorgeous machine cleaned up. I love the mother of pearl inserts.

My little Leader came home with me. She is tiny. I have part of a book and it does say 10M-3' 28 Irwin Part of different book says 3M-J '28 Irwin, so I think it must be 1928. I have a huge box of attachments - I may have the ruffler I want, though I'd rather have one for the 301. Two wooden boxes of needles. They are 1/4" longer that a 15x1.

I was a little slow on the draw or I'd have a big box of what I think are Singer cams for one of you. She didn't know what they were and like an idiot, I told they didn't belong with this machine. Also some very slim steel knitting needles and a bone crochet hook. The seller kept those though she didn't know what they were. I did inherit a six bobbins that probably won't work in my Elna - she's very fussy. I have only the shuttle that's in the machine, but one is probably enough. Oh, and a page from a Singer redeye book??? One hinge on the machine has pulled out, but I think I can glue it. The treadle sounds terrible, but moves okay, so I'm thinking an oiling is in order.

I hope I can round up some family to bring her in tomorrow. It's hard to hide my new addiction when I need help lifting this one. The kids loaded her face down and it's bugging me. I did pack her with heavy duty bubble wrap inside and a bungee cord and blankets outside. Yes, it fit in my car's trunk without any trouble. Close on the depth, but plenty of space on the ends and side.